Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Weight Loss Challenge

I'm now two days into my new diet, and on the road to my goal of losing 15 pounds in the next two months. I'm not heavy by any means. Currently my weight hovers around the 160 pound mark. However, there are a few areas I'd like to tweak with my current physique, namely my midsection.

How do I plan on going achieving this? Mostly cleaning up my diet. My job's odd hours and copious overtime has thwarted my previous attempts at cleaning up my diet, but now I've committed to cut out the fast food and empty calories.

As far as exercise, I've been consistently running and riding my bike for the past year, and I plan on keeping it up. Running and biking have saved me from the shock of seeing the scales tip at 175 in May of 2008. Since then I've lost 15 pounds. I believe cleaning up my diet will be the final key to getting my body back into the shape I think it should be.

Look for my review on my Cannondale CAAD9-5 coming very soon!

Cycling has been one of the greatest weight loss secrets I've discovered. Riding a bike seems to put your heart rate in that magical fat melting zone, and it's easy to maintain it for upwards of 5 hours. Besides, cycling is just a ton of fun. I used to wonder how all those nuts could dress up in spandex and ride around amongst cars, but now that I've tried it I'm hooked. It's a blast to go flying down the road at 20 miles an hour or to struggle up a hill a mile long with an 8% grade. Now that I've got my Cannondale CAAD 9, I'm having more fun than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment